Recently I noticed that AT often do smaller online consultations all the time, as far as I know these are not shared widely. As a result I have decided to do a post every now and again on all the small consultations that are happening giving people the opportunity to share their thoughts with AT from Crossings to Bus Lanes to Parking, these are the recent ones
Wynyard Quarter and Viaduct Harbour, Central Auckland – Speed Limit Change – (Closes 9.02.2017)
- Change the speed limit from 50 km/hr to 30 km/hr on the area known as the Wynyard Quarter and Viaduct Harbour, specifically on the roads shown on the attached drawing.
- Install a flush median on Hamer Street and parking improvements on Brigham Street to make the roads more appropriate for a 30 km/hr speed environment.
Upper Queen St and Canada St – pedestrian and cycling improvements – (Closes 8.02.2017)
- Install a new signalised pedestrian any cyclist crossing across Upper Queen Street.
- Install new pram crossings (with directional pavers).
- Treat the surface of the footpath for safer walking and cycling.
- Relocate the existing ‘Shared Path’ signage.
- Change the road markings to reflect the improved layout.
Owens Road, Epsom – Clearway – (Closes 1.02.2017) Proposing to install a Clearway to help reduce congestion on Owens Road. The clearway will operate on weekdays from 7am to 9 am and from 4pm to 6pm.
Goodall St, Hillsborough – No stopping at all times restriction – (Closes 1.02.2017) Proposing to extend the No stopping at all times restrictions on Goodall Street, Hillsborough. The proposal is to extend the existing restriction by 27 metres.
Lintaine Pl, Glen Innes – No stopping at all times restriction – (Closes 6.02.2017) Proposal to add No stopping at all times restrictions (broken yellow lines) on the western side of Lintaine Place in Glen Innes. The change is required to address the accessibility issue caused by the narrow road width. When cars are parked on both sides of the street, emergency vehicles and other large vehicles are unable to access the end of the street.
- Remove the slip lane from Edmonton Rd turning left on to Great North Rd.
- Upgrade all stop boxes.
- Green cycle boxes.
- Relocate broken yellow lines (BYLs) due to the loss of the slip road.
- Install road signs on Great North Rd.
- Relocate street lighting at pedestrian crossing.
- Install belisha beacons at pedestrian crossing.
- Remove left hand slip lane from Great North road on to Alderman Drive.
- Reconstruct footpath in place of slip lane.
- Relocate broken yellow lines (BYLs) from old slip lane.
- Green current cycle boxes.
- Remove pram crossing and replace with footpath.
- Add pedestrian crossing and belisha beacons over the left hand slip lane of Great North Road heading North.
- Install new pram crossing across Alderman Drive.
Maioro St, New Windsor – No stopping at all times – (Closes 6.02.2017)
Proposing new ‘No Stopping At All Times’ restrictions to extend on both sides of Maioro Street between New Windsor Road and Cordelia Place. The removal of the existing clearway signs on both sides of the road on Maioro Street.
Rangiwai Road, Titirangi – no stopping at all times restriction – (Closes 9.02.2017)
In 2016 AT sought feedback on a proposal to extend the current No stopping at all times restriction (broken yellow lines) on Rangiwai Road in Titirangi. Following the feedback period AT reviewed the proposal and have changed the original design. We are now seeking feedback on the revised proposal. The original proposal sought to extend broken yellow lines to the driveway outside 20 Rangawai Road, AT now seek to extend the broken yellow lines all the way to the existing broken yellow lines
Narek Pl, Manukau – No stopping at all times restriction – (Closes 6.02.2017)
AT propose to add broken yellow lines around the intersection of Narek Place and Plunket Avenue, as well as add broken yellow lines at the end of Narek Place.
So if you see something that interests you, I encourage you to submit.