We have been extremely critical of Auckland Transport for how they have undersold the City Rail Link to the general public through vague statements that suggest things like that services will actually be worse than they are now or will be with electrification. So it’s good to see them starting to take some of that feedback on-board in their latest video to explain the project. A couple of points I really like:
- That the CRL is described as the heart of the transport system.
- That it is explained that Britomart is a dead end.
- That the CRL doubles the number of trains and that we will get really good frequencies as a result.
- That the CRL greatly increases capacity, especially compared to a motorway lane.
- That the CRL enables the rail network to be expanded in the future.
While there are probably a few minor points, all up it is a much improved effort from AT so well done.