For the most part, the roll out of AT HOP to trains seems to have gone fairly smoothly with few issues so congratulations to AT for this. Perhaps the only area that has been any comment is around the online portal, AT have released this point of clarification about the process.
POINT OF CLARIFICATION – AT HOP CARD
Auckland Transport advises customers, who have bought AT HOP cards and want to top-up online, of the following process to enable the funds to be transferred to the card and shown online.
- Purchase an AT HOP card from an Auckland Transport Ambassador or Veolia ticket office at one of the 42 train stations around the network.
- To top up online, register your card at www.ATHOP.co.nz and follow the steps.
- Wait one minute before topping up online or adding an Auto Top-Up to your card.
- If you have added funds online before 10pm the funds will be available on your card when you next tag on to an AT HOP card reader or go through the electronic gates at a train station the following day .
- Once you have tagged on your new balance will appear on the reader and show in your online account at ATHOP.co.nz
- 72 hours is the worst case scenario for online top-up. In the majority of cases, if a customer tops up before 10pm online, and tags on, the balance will show on an AT HOP reader and online, in 24 hours
- AT HOP cards differ from bank issued debit cards in that the balance is stored on the card itself as opposed to on a central system
Auckland Transport apologises for any confusion AT HOP card customers have experienced.
For further information www.ATHOP.co.nz or call 366 4467